Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tree Fort

One of the great Disney classics is Swiss Family Robinson. Every kid who watches it dreams of having a tree fort like that one. My boys ask immediatley after the movie if we can build a tree fort just like that one. We hit the lumber recycling center and got most of the wood for pennies on the dollar. After many weeks working on it the boys have built their tree fort, with a little help from Dad. It has 4 levels ranging from 5 to 35 feet, mechanical stairs, rope bridge, zip line, solar lighting system and enough room for 7 to sleep comfortably. The Robinson Family would be proud. Enjoy the tour!

4 comments:

A Designer's Eye said...

SOOOOOOOOOO cool! Oh my goodness, I am soooo JEALOUS!!! Way to go!! I think the wheel to raise the ladder is the best part!

Averley said...

That is amazing!!!!!!!! I'm so showing Warren and next year, when the new house is built, he is going to have to build that fort....minus the tree 'cause we don't have any.

Jeremy and Amy said...

Ok, that is just freak'n cool! We all love it.

1384 n said...

That is amazing!!! I'm curious if your home has such luxuries?

Janene (jeremy's sister)